Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's official; I'm a Blogger!

Ok so if you found this blog thinking you might get some business tips from the CEO of an up and coming beauty brand, you might want to keeping looking! If you want to read about the real life dramas of running a company from home while raising 6 children and trying to keep my sanity, then subscribe to my blog because this is bound to be a bumpy ride!

For those of you who don't know me personally, nearly 3 years ago I started a company called Blossom which is the first skin care system for girls ages 5 to 13. What did a SAHM with 5 kids (at the time) know about starting a skin care company? Not a thing, but I had 4 daughters and knew there was a need! Fast forward to today, we recently launched Blossom SPA Parties, a home party business that treats girls to their very own at home SPA experiences!

This blog won't be so much about my business but rather how I manage my kids, my business, my life! If you follow this blog, you'll quickly realize that my life is a non stop furry of craziness, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. The picture isn't always pretty, like the piles of clean laundry covering my couch and the mounds more flowing out of my laundry room. I'm not perfect and have never claimed to be so don't be too shocked as my drama unfolds!

I'll save my daily schedule for another day because that's an entry all by itself, trust me. Today, I was busy trying to focus on getting a video up on YouTube (never got that to work), getting our brand in front of more people (always a work in progress), and starting this blog (finally did it after a year of talking about it).

I was working away, and throughout the day I kept smell something "off". I checked the babies diaper repeatedly during the day. She never did have a bm, but I passed it off that she was passing gas. So about 3 o'clock, the smell is getting a stronger. I check her diaper again, and NOTHING! At this point, I do a little sniff tests to check my pits. I'm still fresh so I keep plugging away trying to build my blog.

By about 6 pm, the stench is about to overtake me. Bailey was home from cheerleading now, and I asked if she could smell it. She could and so the hunt was on!! I look under the mounds of clothes on the couch, nothing. I look under the couch, I found it or so I thought. I reach under and grab at it, well I let out a scream because I felt something squishy and it freaked me out. Bailey then reaches under for the mystery item and pulls out an oven mitt. What? How'd that get under there? Who knows- the hunt continues. After a few other interesting hidden gems, I find the culprit. The stinkiest diaper you don't even want to imagine.

I don't know how it got under there or how long it had been there, and I didn't have time to think about it because I realized that I had forgotten to buy Valentines for the party tomorrow so I was off to the store to rectify that before I had a 4 year old meltdown on my hands!

All in all it was a relatively calm day today. I feel great that I finally started this blog. I have no idea really what the future holds, but I'm sure it won't be boring.

Thanks for viewing my first blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment