Thursday, March 12, 2009

My New Book

I have been super, crazy busy lately. I am trying to do so much and balance my business with my family; people call me a "Super Mom". Every time I hear that I think, "Are they crazy?" I tend to be rather hard on myself. It's tough. It's really tough for me trying to be a good mom and a business woman, but I'm doing my best. I guess that's all I can really do.

I have started reading an amazing book ( yes in all my spare time). It's called Success Principles: How To Get From Where You Are To Where You Want To Be by Jack Canfield. This book is so good; it is challenging me to move past where I am. Maybe it will help me stop being so critical of myself.

The beginning of the book talks about how people have to take 100% responsibility for their life and everything that happens in their life. It's deeper than what I can explain here, but basically you have to STOP making excuses for EVERYTHING. OK, so that means I have to take responsibility for my kids going crazy in the Container Store and my son going to see the Cat in the Hat with no coat! What? This would be so much easier if could keep blaming the kids. LOL

I am trying it, and I really believe in these principles. Now my follow through is another story; I guess that needs to be one of the goals that I set! All and all, the book is so wonderful. I want to grow and become all that I am meant to be. I am a dreamer! Always have been and always will be. That's actually one of the things that I like about myself. Without a big dream, you won't accomplish big things!

I'll keep you posted on my progress, and I highly recommend this book to everyone! Wonder if I can get a kick back for this endorsement? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment